Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato

Today I bring to you a recipe that I indulge in almost daily during fall. This is a sweet treat that satisfies but doesn't break the diet! Be on the look out for my next recipe post which will most likely be a healthy pumpkin breakfast muffin, I've been challenged to create a recipe for a guilt free muffin, and I'm in the process of doing so. But for now, I present to you, the Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato....

Alrighty, first you some sweet potatoes suitable for baking. (I like to choose medium round ones so that they bake quickly and have a good filling to skin ratio)
Wash em, scrub em, and poke em with a fork a few times!



I had to get my cute flowers from my coach Justine in the picture! Oh yeah, the next step! You will need strips of aluminum foil (a strip for every potato) cooking spray and pumpkin pie spice. Spray the cooking oil onto your potato and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, flip the potato over and do the same thing to the other side. 



Now wrap that bad larry up in the foil and pop it in the oven for around 70 minutes at 375 degrees. Cooking times may vary ;)


Once cooking is done allow it a good amount of time to cool on top of the stove. You can eat it or store it for later. I usually cook up quite a few of these, keep one out and put the rest in the fridge for later. 


Okay, now let's dress it! Cut open your potato, put in 1 to 2 tablespoons of the butter, usually 1 is fine but 2 is good for a larger potato. Give that a few seconds to start to melt in and sprinkle cinnamon and stevia on top. 



Look how happy those flowers are to be next to such a delicious treat!!! 



Mash it all up if you'd like to mix the butter and cinnamon "sugar" in there.


Or, keep it pretty, you choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment