Thursday, September 25, 2014

Simple Success Secrets

Good Morning Good Morning!!! 

Today I feel the need to share a few simple things you can do RIGHT NOW to be more successful in life! Now a lot of these apply to anything, so feel free to use them in any way that you like, I use these tips and tools mostly when it comes to fitness. 

 WRITE IT DOWN!!! Write EVERYTHING Down! Here are 4 tips that create an easy to follow system to success, just by pulling out a pen and paper! 

1) Goals are just dreams until they are collected on paper. Make sure that your goals vary in size so that you can meet some easier than others. This gives you instant gratification when you reach a smaller goal and keeps you motivated to work toward those larger goals. Also, make sure your goals are allover the board and not from a narrow mindset. Oh, and don't forget to post your goals somewhere you can see and not forget about them!!!
example list of goals: 
Lose 5 pounds
fit into my skinny jeans
do 15 pushups with perfect form
run the whole length of my block without stopping
drink no soda
only eat out once per month

When you reach some or all of those goals, make a new Goal and keep going!


2) If it goes in your mouth, it goes in your food journal! This can be done differently from person to person. Some people like to count calories, some like to keep an eye on fat and saturated fat content. Basically, if you aren't thrilled about the math aspect, skip it for now! Yes SKIP the calorie counting when you start and you can still be successful! By writing down everything (and I mean everything) that you eat, you hold yourself accountable to make better choices. You are going to have a nagging voice in your head say nope, I don't want to have to write that I ate at KFC, I'm going to go get a salad from Subway instead. Trust me! When I have days where I'm not at the house for hours upon end and I am driving by all the fast food joints, temptation becomes a very powerful and very real thing! Knowing that I have to catalog what I put in my mouth, helps me say no one a bad choice and steers me to a lesser evil. You don't have to be perfect to start, there will be slip ups, you can have cheats, but WRITE THEM DOWN! 


3)Having a good day? Did you reach one of your goals? Did someone compliment you at work on the way that shirt looked on  you? Did you hear the old, "have you been working out?" Well, guess what you need to do......WRITE IT DOWN! In addition to your goals and in addition to your food journal, you should keep a small journal or a section in your fitness binder (YES I have a fitness binder!) to write your emotions out on good days. I just increased my bench press by 10 pounds. i fit into pants I haven't worn in 5 years! My boyfriend told me it looks like I have lost size! I no longer crave a food that once controlled me.
This collection of thoughts is incredibly important to you staying on track. There will be bad days! You will think the scale is against you when it's reading a higher weight, your pants are a bit snug one day, you are feeling tired, you are in a bad mood, you feel like caving into pizza because everyone around you is eating it. This is when you read over your journal and realize what you are doing is working and it makes you feel good!


4) Schedule time for yourself. When it comes to work, school, meetings, and all the things life throws at us, we have to write down our schedules and hold true to them. The same should be for our fitness. Schedule a time to workout. give yourself a 30 minute window at least 4 to 5 times a week that is in CEMENT and cannot be moved. This means you have to find a time that will be uninterrupted by anything else so you can commit to it. I personally give myself a window from 12:30-2:00pm to get all of my fitness done. Do I take the whole time to do it, no! But I do need time to get my preworkout drink in my system and working, I need time to motivate, I need to collect my thoughts in my fitness binder and write down what weights i'm going to use for my strength training. THEN I work out, make my post workout drink and shower off. That's why I give myself so much time, but its a perfect time for me to do so. My daughter gets out of school at 2:15 so I know I'm on a deadline to do it, BUT I also only have my son around and i'll sit him down with lunch and a book and he's good to go for a while. Find a time, set it in stone, make it work! 


Good Luck and Get to it!!!! Have tips of your own? Feel free to share in the comments! 

www.beachbodycoach.com/suzycutie86
www.facebook.com/suzylonglais

No comments:

Post a Comment