Wednesday, September 24, 2014

New to Blogging

Hey Y'all,

Welcome to my very first blog post. I figured I'd introduce myself and give you a little insight on what this blog is going to be all about. 


First off.....Hi! I'm Suzy, it's great to meet you! I have two kids and finally consider myself a fit chick! No, I was not born this way, it took a lot of trial and error (still going through those struggles actually) and a lot of work! As a kid my weight would go up and down like a yo-yo. I never noticed, because I was...a kid! It wasn't until I attended a very tiny  high school in a very tiny town, that I was thrust into varsity sports for the first time in my entire life. There weren't enough people to form a soccer team without me, and knowing nothing about the sport, I caved into peer pressure and joined. I also did cheerleading,and one season of softball. I loved soccer, the practices were 2 hours long and very intense. I lost a ton of weight and before I knew it, I had melted into a size 3 teenager from who only knows how big I was before. 


Well, college kicked in, and bye bye sports...hello minimum wage job at SEARS. I was eating fast food and not being active at all, instead of putting on the freshman 15 I went overboard and put on the freshman 40. Things just kept escalating after I was married to my college sweetheart some years later. I had gone through 2 pregnancies where I caved into my cravings for yucky things like McDonald's french fries on a daily basis and put on a tremendous amount of weight with each child. 


I hit a breaking point on an innocent family trip to a Bass Pro Shop. I refused to have pictures taken of me for several years because of my weight: it caused a lot of insecurity and depression in me. At Bass Pro they had a giant fishtank and I don't know why, but I posed for a picture with my kids. As soon as I saw the picture, my world SHATTERED! Do I really look that way? is that how other people see me? How Did I let myself get to this point? The very next day I started hitting the treadmill and the carrot sticks. I wasn't sure what I was doing since I knew pretty much nothing about diet and exercise, I was never "one of those" people! I thought of exercise as a chore and nothing more. Needless to say I was miserable! I was losing some weight, but I would wake up dreading my date running in place for 30 minutes and my almost vegetarian diet. 
This is what I looked like during my treadmill dates back in 2011


Then, a run of luck hit me!!! I had a facebook friend whom I had never met, but had friended because they played FarmVille and I needed more neighbors (I KNOW I KNOW! I don't play anymore obviously!) She happened to be one of those rare people who was naturally athletic and loved exercise (or so I thought) she kept telling me to stop torturing myself or I wouldn't stay on the fitness track, I would go off the deep end and gain the weight back. She said "working out can be fun" and I would laugh at her. She told me that my sweet tooth could be controlled and I didn't believe her. She happened to chat with me right after one of my horrid treadmill dates and made me an offer that I finally accepted. She asked me to join a group of people who were drinking Shakeology (a meal replacement nutrition drink) once a day and working out 30 minutes a day 5 days a week for a month. I bought Chocolate flavored Shakeology from her, and I bought Turbo Jam, a beginners kickboxing cardio workout. In her 30 day challenge group that she led on facebook via a private group, I was able to lose 13 pounds and 12.5 inches off of my body. I stuck with the whole Turbo Jam workout schedule, which was the first formal workout I've ever done in  my life and I drank my shakeology every day. I didn't like it the first 3 or 4 days I drank it but I experimented with recipes and measurements and now i've been on it for 3 years! I was hooked after that 30 day challenge, working out COULD be fun! I moved on to the next level of cardio kickboxing called Turbo Fire, I followed the whole 90 day program while drinking shakeology and lost another close to 30 pounds during that! 


This picture won me $500 for my results using Beachbody Products, taken in April 2014


If that much of the story isn't astonishing enough, get this......I went from about 190 pounds, depressed, low energy, angry, and very lazy to a 120 pound Turbo Kick live instructor! I teach the kickboxing program now at a Karate Dojo! Never in my entire life would I have guessed that I would become a fitness instructor, a fitness coach to dozens of clients, and an inspirational story that recently won 500 dollars for my transformation through Beachbody! 
I am on a mission to help as many people as I can, like my coach helped me! She still helps me! I've been a coach for years, but we need people to motivate and help us too! She's always been there for me and I want to always be there for my clients. I'm setting a great example for my family, we are truly a fit fam, we eat well, we exercise, and we love one another dearly. This has been a complete life changer, my depression is gone with the weight! This blog will be the chronicles of Suzy....all things about my transformation, my up to date progress and struggles, my family's involvement, and bragging on  my clients and fellow coaches as they reach their goals! 


for more information on the beachbody products I mentioned feel free to visit the website or come to me with any questions! Find me on Facebook as well! 
www.beachbodycoach.com/suzycutie86
www.myshakeology.com/suzycutie86





No comments:

Post a Comment